Choose a category
Word Courses – Aberdeen and Online
What is Microsoft Word?
Microsoft Word is a word processing application which is part of the Office suite. This suite covers all the commonly used programmes for both business and home use.
Word enables you to create all sorts of documents such as letters, reports, faxes, e-mails, World Wide Web pages, invitations, certificates and more. You can choose one of the standard courses or choose ‘Design your own’ where you can pick and mix chapters.
All class based courses also include access to our online workrooms and to the online course for three months.
Our Training Centre in Aberdeen
We offer this course in MS Word 2003, 2007 and 2010
Microsoft Word Level 1
The skills and knowledge acquired in Microsoft Word Level 1 are sufficient to be able to use and operate the software at an efficient level.
Microsoft Level 1 focuses on basic document production using Microsoft Word and is designed to give the learner a sound understanding of how documents are created, formatted and printed.
The publication assumes no prior knowledge of Microsoft Word. However, it would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system as the learner will be required to start applications, work with and copy files and locate file folders.
- work with the basic features of Word
- create a new document
- open, navigate, preview and count the words in a document and understand how a document is presented on the screen
- select and work with text in a document
- cut and copy information within and between documents
- use a range of font formatting techniques
- format paragraphs
- work effectively with features that affect the page layout of your document
- create and modify tables
- print a document
- find the information you need in Help
Microsoft Word Level 2
The skills and knowledge acquired in Microsoft Word Level 2 are sufficient to be able to use and operate the software at an efficient level.
Microsoft Word Level 2 extends the learners basic skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and helps them create more intricate and varied documents. Existing skills and knowledge are enhanced by covering more advanced aspects of key topics such as formatting, tables, and lists, and new features such as merging, envelopes, sections, clip art and graphics are introduced.
This publication assumes an understanding of Microsoft Word requisite with the skills and knowledge covered in Level 1 of this series. It is also important for learners to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system as the learner will be required to start applications, work with and copy files, and locate file folders.
- modify Word options
- work with multiple documents simultaneously
- use a range of formatting techniques to position text
- create and work with various types of tabs
- define and modify lists
- create and manipulate tables at an advanced level
- create and use building blocks
- create and apply styles
- create and use templates in your documents
- apply and use various types of section breaks
- use the Mail Merge Wizard to perform mail merges
- insert and work with pictures
- insert and work with shapes
- insert and work with WordArt
Microsoft Word Level 3
This publication focuses on producing longer documents and includes key aspects such as creating a table of contents, indexing, creating cover pages, and more. This publication also focuses on document automation through the use of fields, forms and macros, and also deals with document change tracking and protection.
Microsoft Word Level 3 is designed to provide the learner with advanced skills and knowledge in using Microsoft Word. This publication is ideal for people where there is a requirement to produce more intricate documents.
This publication assumes an understanding of Microsoft Word requisite with the skills and knowledge covered in Level 1 and Level 2 of this series. It is also important for learners to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system.
- work with various page techniques
- save a document as a PDF and view it in a PDF reader
- perform more complex merge operations
- create and work with SmartArt
- create and use building blocks
- create, use and delete bookmarks
- generate and update a Table of Contents
- create and modify fields
- create and use interactive fields
- create and remove several forms of protection for your document
- create and work with electronic forms in Word
- create and work with macros
- insert content from other sources
Programming in VBA using Microsoft Word
This publication is primarily designed for people who need to know how to program applications for Microsoft Word using Visual Basic for Applications.
The skills and knowledge covered in this publication are sufficient to create VBA applications in Microsoft Word.
This publication assumes a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word to Advanced level. It would be beneficial to have a general understanding of personal computers and the Windows operating system as you will be required to start applications, work with and copy files, and locate file folders.
- create macros in Word
- understand the Word object model and VBA concepts
- work with the main components of the VBA Editor window
- create command procedures
- create and use variables
- create and work with functions
- use decision structures to control the outcom of your program
- use looping structures to repeat sections of code
- work with text using a range of objects
- customise the way files and folders are managed
- create a custom form complete with controls and event procedures
- create code to drive a UserForm
- write a variety of error handling routines
- use Wor’s built-in dialog boxes
Design your own
We are happy for you to mix and match chapters from different levels or different applications.
Two hour training session…..choose any 3 chapters
Half day training session…….choose any 5 chapters
Full day training session…….choose any 11 chapters
The pricing for your course will be based on our standard pricing. You will not be charged any extra for this service.
Our Microsoft Word Course Outlines
MS Word 2003
MS Word 2003 Course – Level one
MS Word 2003 Course – Level two
MS Word 2007
MS Word 2010
Our Aberdeen Training Centre Location
111 Gallowgate, Aberdeen AB25 1BU
There are a number of car parks surrounding the centre including the Gallowgate car park and Loch Street car park.
You can walk to F1plus by turning onto Broad Street from Union Street. Most Aberdeen bus services will take you to either Union Street, Broad Street or Loch Street.
On arrival please sign in at Reception and ask for your contact person.
We also offer this course online, please click here for more info